What We Believe
Our Statement of Faith
1. The Holy Scriptures We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbal and plenary inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant. infallible and God-breathed, and, therefore, are the final authority for faith and life (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21).
2. The Go We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each co-eternal in being, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. (2 Cor. 13:14; John 14:10, 26).
3 The Person and Work of ChriWe believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men (Is. 7:14; 9:6; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; 2 Cor. 5:19-21; Gal. 4:4-5; Phil. 2:5-8).
4. Christ - God /Man/RedeemeWe believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through his death on the cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead (Acts 2:18-36; Rom. 3:24-25; 1 Peter 2:24; Eph. 1:7; 1 Peter 1:3-5).
5. Christ - Ascension/Session/High Priest We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Acts 1:9-10; Heb. 9:24; 7:25; Rom. 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2).
6. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and, that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing believers into the body of Christ, indwelling them unto the day of redemption (John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 3:6; Eph. 1:13-14).
In relation to sign and revelatory gifts, we do not believe that the gifts of apostleship, prophecy, miracles, healings, tongues, interpretation of tongues, discerning of spirits, the words of wisdom and the words of knowledge are operative today. They were part of the foundation of the early church (Eph. 2:20) for the purpose of receiving new revelation from God and authenticating the new gospel message that was being preached by the apostles. These, therefore, became inoperative because the canon has ceased and they are no longer given by the Holy Spirit (Heb 2; 1-4 Corinthians 13:8).
7. The Total Depravity of M We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam’s sin the human race fell, inherited sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and, that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:22-23; 5:12; 6:23; Eph. 2:1-3; 4:17-19).
8. Regeneration/Salvati We believe that the Bible teaches that sinful man must be born again to see the kingdom of Heaven. The moment that He is saved, he is declared righteous in our Lord Jesus. This declaration (of justification) is not by works. It is brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins (John 1:12; Eph. 1:7; 2:8-10; When a person is regenerated by the Holy Spirit, he receives a new nature, Titus 3:5-7.
9. Resurrection and Final Judgment We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment (Matt. 25:46; John 5:28, 29; 11:25-26; Rev. 20:5-6, 12-13).
10. The Rap We believe in the rapture of the Lord Jesus Christ. The God/Man will come in the clouds to take His body and bride to a place in Heaven which He has prepared for them. This coming is in the clouds and it is personal, and imminent. It occurs before the Tribulation and is also pre-millennial (I Thessalonians 4:13-17; John 14; Titus 2:13).
11. The Revelation of Jesus Christ We believe that The Lord Jesus Christ will reveal Himself and His bride to the whole world, both to Israel and the Gentile nations. It is not in secret as is the rapture, but the glory of the Lord shall be made known for all to see. (Rev.1:7; Jude 14, 15). This revelation shall happen at the end of the Seven Year Tribulation Period, when the Lord Jesus Christ rescues helpless Israel from the Anti-Christ and the Gentile nations. At that time, Israel will receive Him as Savior and Lord from their sins, (Psalm 102:16; II Thessalonians 1:7, 8; (Titus 2:13; I Thessalonians 4:13-17; John 14:3; Revelation 19:11-21; Revelation 20:1-6; Zechariah 12:10-14; Zechariah 13:1; Romans 11:25-32). He will then reign over all nations on the throne of David for a thousand years. The Eternal State will come after this. (1 Corinthians 15:23-28; Revelation 22:1-7).
12. The Personality of Satan We believe that Satan is the author of sin, and the cause of the fall of man; that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man and, that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire, right along with unregenerate mankind (Job 1:6-7; Is. 14:12-17;)
13. Cre We believe that God created the universe. We reject evolution as an unscriptural theory of origin, including, the Day/Age Theory or any type of theistic evolution. Matt. 4:2-11; 25:41; Rev. 20:10).
14. Human Sexu We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity is to be engaged in that is outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bi-sexuality, incest, bestiality, fornication, adultery and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1: 26-29; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4). We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; 1 Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23).
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe.